Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Hives, July 20, 2004 -- 9:30 Club (Washington, DC)  (Read 1741 times)

AngelV

• City Elder
    • http://www.dimpleandasmirk.com/
The Hives, July 20, 2004 -- 9:30 Club (Washington, DC)
« on: July 21, 2004, 01:11:36 AM »

OMFG!! The Hives returned to DC and owned the audience. The venue was twice the size of the place they played previously and it was, once again, a sold out show.

I was fortunate to get a spot in the front row to get the full Hives experience. They did not disappoint. Pelle strutted his stuff across the stage, up on the speakers and into the audience. He actually made the security guys earn their pay tonight! :lol:

Their setlist included songs from their new album, Tyrannasaurus Hives (out 7/20), and songs from Veni Vidi Vicious and Barely Legal.

The opening bands were Reigning Sound and Sahara Hotnights. I didn't care too much for Reigning Sound...they were a mix of garage and rockabilly, but it didn't work for them, I believe. Sahara Hotnights were great! This was only my second time seeing them live and they have definitely gotten better. I'm looking forward to picking up their recent release.

*collapses into bed*
And I didn't stand there when you were bumming out over a particularly witty and insightful monologue by moi. So bust out your own violins and have a pity party with yourself." -- Greg Dulli

DC

• Summer Resident
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 09:46:13 AM »

I agree -- great, great show.

As I was walking by the V St. alley immediately after the show, I hear someone on my left say "Bye-bye.  Thank you for coming."  It was the Howlin' one himself, standing outside personally thanking people.  Oh, those crazy Swedes.

AngelV

• City Elder
    • http://www.dimpleandasmirk.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 09:51:33 AM »

Oh wow! That's pretty cool. I wanted to make sure I caught the last train, so I didn't get a chance to hang out afterwards or even catch up with my friends who stood on the balcony.

Pelle is awesome! If there were more bands who exerted even half the energy of the Hives, I think companies wouldn't complain about slumping ticket sales so much.
And I didn't stand there when you were bumming out over a particularly witty and insightful monologue by moi. So bust out your own violins and have a pity party with yourself." -- Greg Dulli
Pages: [1]   Go Up