Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FABO the Bengals!!! >:(  (Read 2722 times)

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
FABO the Bengals!!! >:(
« on: July 21, 2004, 03:00:40 PM »

The ONLY two games of the year I want to go see, and they aren't selling tickets. Only way is if you buy season tickets, so you get to pay an ass load of money and see a lousy team all year. Fuck that! I have talked with a guy who said that season ticket holders have the abbility to order 2 extra tickets for games, so if any of you know anyone with season tickets, see if this is true. If so, I'd be willing to pay good loot to see the Broncos and especially my beloved Dolphins.

I guess I'll start searching E-bay this weekend for tickets to these games.  Bah!

Single game tix on sale Saturday
7/20/2004 - 7-20-04, 3:30 p.m.
BY GEOFF HOBSON
In what they are calling a realistic goal, the Bengals begin their final drive to sell out every Paul Brown Stadium regular-season game before the opener Saturday when single-game tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. exclusively through TicketMaster and TicketMaster.com.
** Continued from Homepage **
On Saturday, the Bengals ticket office and the Bengals Ticket Hotline won’t open, but fans wishing to purchase by phone can call TicketMaster locations in Cincinnati at 513/562-4949, in Dayton at 937/228-2323, in Columbus at 614-431-3600, in Lexington at 859-281-6644 and in Louisville at 502/361-3100. Tickets can be purchased online through Ticketmaster.com, by linking through Bengals.com, or purchasing in person at TicketMaster outlets. The Bengals ticket office and their Ticket Hotline at 513/621-TDTD (toll free 866/621-TDTD) re-open Monday at 9 a.m.
All games are available for single-game sales except the Sept. 19 Sunday night home opener against Miami, and the Oct. 25 Monday night game against Denver. The limited number of tickets available for those two games can be purchased only as part of a Bengals season ticket plan at the Bengals Ticket Hotline.
“If we have a good sale on Saturday,” said director of ticket sales Kevin Lane, “it’s going to get things moving quickly to selling out all the games. The momentum really hasn’t stopped since June. The response has been overwhelming.”
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

foolsgold

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 03:12:01 PM »

Yeah, I heard this yesterday and that is bullshit.  I do have to wonder, though, if this is commonplace for showcase games elsewhere in the league.

fools "i guess i could look, but am too lazy to bother" gold

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 03:27:25 PM »

Exactly how does it benefit anyone to not sell tickets to the games?  Is this some kind of ploy to sell more season tickets?  That's a crock.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Orestes

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 03:41:19 PM »

you could purchase them as part of the two-game ticket packs, so they were selling them to non-season ticket holders. just not as single games.
b][/b]WHO DEY

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 05:38:58 PM »

Yeah, but I didn't like any of the games that came along with the Dolphins and/or Broncos' games. They're doing it this way because they'll get a lot more $$ out of the public if they sell season tickets. If it fails (and I hope it does), then they'll sell single tickets. Don't know if other teams do this as well either. Probably.
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 01:40:23 PM »

Well, I'm not so upset that I didn't get a ticket to the Bengals' game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1846012.

:cry:

Orestes

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 01:42:02 PM »

b][/b]WHO DEY

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004, 01:49:38 PM »

Orestes

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2004, 04:05:37 PM »

How interesting. I say, good for him. You have to do what makes you happy, and if quitting football is going to make him happy, go for it.
b][/b]WHO DEY

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2004, 09:54:40 PM »

Yeah, but he could have done it much earlier in the off-season to give the Dolphins a chance to find someone else. Shit, even a week earlier, and they could have possibly gotten Eddie George.

He obviously had this building up for a while. You don't just wake up one Sunday morning and go, "Hmm, I'm tired of football and I think I'll quit my career today, even though I have no back-up plan."

F*ck him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up