Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sport - it rocks.  (Read 16973 times)

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
Sport - it rocks.
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2004, 05:04:07 PM »

Greece have just won Euro 2004 - GREECE!?!

You know what, they thoroughly deserved it, too. Yet another in a long list of footballing fairytales. It really is the most beautiful game.
Am Meer

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
Sport - it rocks.
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2004, 06:58:52 PM »

Bloody hell, Greece are the European champions. That's going to take a while to sink in.

Still, in a year where Porto wins the Champions League and a team from Colombia (Once Caldas) wins the Copa Libertadores, it's fitting that rank outsiders such as Greece should win Euro 2004. Strange indeed.

And you're right, Rafe, they certainly deserved it. Along the way, they beat three of the four group winners - who just happened to be the defending champions (France), the hosts (Portugal) and the team that I thought played the best in the tournament (Czech Republic). A great performance throughout the three weeks.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

rva

Sport - it rocks.
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2004, 11:02:55 PM »

Just got through watching the replay.  The Greeks weren't the most exciting team ever but I agree with you guys they deserve the cup.  

They didn't have the best individual players, but they were undoubtedly the best team.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up