Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark Lanegan Band  (Read 3011 times)

Bluelupis

• Two spoonfuls in every bowl
  • City Elder
Mark Lanegan Band
« on: August 04, 2004, 04:07:25 PM »

I think this guy totally kicks ass.  He reminds me a bit of Tom Waits but is more "honky tonk" sounding.  I know all he pretty much sings abot is drugs and the filth of society but this shit is great!

AngelV

• City Elder
    • http://www.dimpleandasmirk.com/
Mark Lanegan Band
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 05:14:57 PM »

I love Lanegan!! Great singer and I was fortunate to see him sing live when he toured with Queens of the Stone Age in 2002. He's a really tall guy. Wish I had a chance to see him with his band, though. He mostly tours Europe with that outfit.

But looking forward to Bubblegum in a couple of weeks and more of the stuff he's been doing with Greg Dulli.
And I didn't stand there when you were bumming out over a particularly witty and insightful monologue by moi. So bust out your own violins and have a pity party with yourself." -- Greg Dulli

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
Mark Lanegan Band
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 05:51:46 PM »

I saw him twice last year with Queens. I like him. He will be doing a small amount of shows in the States' this fall too.
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

thepsychicpoirot

Mark Lanegan Band
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 01:18:56 PM »

I saw him a few times with the Screaming Trees.  I really dig their older stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up