Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screw Carl Linder  (Read 2648 times)

Orestes

• City Elder
Screw Carl Linder
« on: August 04, 2004, 06:49:40 PM »

What the hell is this crap about Joe Nuxhall being forced out?! That bastard Carl's gonna get what's coming to him.  :evil:
b][/b]WHO DEY

Boogieman

• Citizen
Screw Carl Linder
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 10:20:49 PM »

what!  He and marty are the biggest things in cincy.  I heard his health is going south quickly.  Im sure that has something to do with it.  But damn.  Give the guy his last wish for cring out loud.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/sports/3616616/detail.html

chico

• Tourist
Screw Carl Linder
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 06:13:27 AM »

My thoughts are if he wants to croak in the booth, let him. Don't know how many games I've watched on teevee and listened to on the radio in my life. Lindner never ceases to amaze.
ave a tree, wipe with an owl!

Orestes

• City Elder
Screw Carl Linder
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 07:01:40 AM »

i just can't even believe the stupidity of the reds, and the arrogance that the fans will always be there, so they can do whatever they want.

to me, this could be the last straw.
b][/b]WHO DEY

Boogieman

• Citizen
Screw Carl Linder
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 09:01:38 AM »

Hell yeah Chico.  I used to watch and listen to the radio all the time.

Listening to Marty and Joe reminds me of spending the night at my Grandparents house.  If there was a game on my Grandpa would be listening,  drinking some High Life and trying to kill flies with a broken rubberband.  (he got pretty good at it.  Sometimes he would snap the wings right off and the fly would just be looking at us like what the fuck dude.)

Just a few memories I think of when I hear Marty and Joe.

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
Screw Carl Linder
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 10:43:45 AM »

Any bets the press on this might change the front office minds? Well, it had better.

I can't think of anyone who's a Reds fan that would want to see Joe gone, so it can't be because fans are getting tired of him. Sure, he can soemtimes sound like he's drunk when calling a game, but that's part of the charm.

Orestes

• City Elder
Screw Carl Linder
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 10:50:08 AM »

well, the press and the fans changed the minds of the folks in detroit, when they did this same thing to their long time announcer (though his name escapes me).

i've heard all kinds of reasons. i've heard money, jealousy (big name in town), health concerns. it's all crap. the fact of the matter is joe is an icon, a legend in this town. as chico said, if joe wants to die in the booth the reds should let him.
b][/b]WHO DEY

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Screw Carl Linder
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 11:04:43 AM »

Ernie Harwell.

And this sucks.  So he's turning slightly into Harry Caray.  I still love listening to him.

Orestes

• City Elder
Screw Carl Linder
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2004, 11:39:53 AM »

My feelings exactly!

Yes, Ernie :)
b][/b]WHO DEY

SteelTown Boy

• Trust the DJ
  • City Elder
    • http://www.steelcityvideomix.com
Screw Carl Linder
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2004, 12:08:37 PM »

Quote from: "Butter"
Ernie Harwell.

And this sucks.  So he's turning slightly into Harry Caray.  I still love listening to him.

i remember the day when the asswipes at the Tigers let Harwell go. karma bit them in the ass-seriously.

back in the 70s, KDKA sacked Bob Prince from Pirate Broadcasts and it came back and bit them too.
b]I like 99 Rappers,but Jay-Z ain't one-Sage Francis[/b]

i'm just a blog

Orestes

• City Elder
Screw Carl Linder
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 12:23:24 PM »

good. i hope it bites carl in the ass and prompts him to sell the team. he's cheaper than i am, only he has about seventy thousand times more money than i do. bastard.
b][/b]WHO DEY

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Screw Carl Linder
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2004, 12:41:31 PM »

Quote from: "Orestes"
good. i hope it bites carl in the ass and prompts him to sell the team. he's cheaper than i am, only he has about seventy thousand times more money than i do. bastard.

LOL!

Awesome line.
Pages: [1]   Go Up