Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Reviews  (Read 17487 times)

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
CD Reviews
« on: May 05, 2004, 02:43:15 PM »

I dig those too.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

IPrayForTang

• On my way to a nut flush!
  • City Elder
CD Reviews
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 04:15:39 PM »

Quick question for ya...if I don't write for your section and I wanna review a CD, should I put it in this forum, or should I just write up a normal-sized review and send it to ya?  Would Scott get jealous that I'm using my mad writing skillz and scant free time in a different section?  I mean, PG's already threatening to have him shiv me....

wpai

CD Reviews
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 04:19:17 PM »

Don't put it in the forum!!  Then everyone will already have read it before it goes in the zine!

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
CD Reviews
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 04:20:50 PM »

Not to discourage you from sending one of your reviews in to be published, but it would be great to have some in this area.  That way we can discuss or compare.  Much more interactive.

Also, if someone wants to add their 2 cents to reviews that have been published would be cool!

EDIT:  I see a difference of opinion there--I'll shut up now.  How about a condensed version then?

wpai

CD Reviews
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 04:39:21 PM »

I thought IPFS was saying he wanted to write a formal review for the magazine and was thinking about submitting it via this forum.  In which case, I think we should save that for the website so we have something new.  Just you know, no point in having something on the messageboards and then more-or-less the exact same thing on the webzine a week later.  

People should definitely post reviews in this section-- that's what it's here for.  Not everyone's going to have the time or desire to write up a formal review for the mag for every cd they wanna talk about.  So post whatever reviews on whatever you want here-- just don't use this as a submission forum for formal pieces is all.

Although actually aboutagrrl is the forum moderater (or will be soon) so I guess it's up to her.

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
CD Reviews
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 06:28:25 AM »

Yo, Jeff, go ahead and send Amanda an e-mail (check the Staff page for her address). You did a bang up job for the Comics section, but don't limit yourself. You can write for whoever you want. Just make sure to keep turning in great pieces for me, too. :)

IPrayForTang

• On my way to a nut flush!
  • City Elder
CD Reviews
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 03:45:07 PM »

Word 'em up.

Okay...here's an informal CD review:  The new Jawbreaker "Dear You" reissue is STILL making me hard.  It's that good.

Pretend Girl

• Summer Resident
CD Reviews
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 07:36:04 PM »

Quote from: "IPrayForSound"
Word 'em up.

Okay...here's an informal CD review:  The new Jawbreaker "Dear You" reissue is STILL making me hard.  It's that good.
Me too.

It's THAT good.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
CD Reviews
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 09:18:55 PM »

I have the original and it ain't that good...
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up