Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And on another Foxy note.....  (Read 2345 times)

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
And on another Foxy note.....
« on: August 24, 2004, 10:45:47 PM »

We could use the Cincy folks' help this Thursday. Weve just learned were playing this Thursday for the Rock Star Cincinnati competition in Montgomery. If anyone can come out to help support Foxy McCoy, we would greatly appreciate that. Crowd response is a HUGE part of the competition. Foxy made the Top 10 in this competition, and if we would win, wed bank over $7,000 and a contract with Budweiser. All the details are here: http://doyouflirt.com/meetings/register/default.asp?IDMeeting=84

It all starts at 9, and we wont know what time they play until we get there. The cover charge is kinda steep, so I recommend ordering your tickets ahead of time. Sorry for the late notice, but we just found out ourselves! I know it's a lot to ask with the cover charge and being a work night and all, so I'd be highly grateful if anyone can come out. Plus, the REAL benefit is getting to hang out with JohnnyRoyale!!     :roll:

I'll buy anyone a drink that makes it out. Free drink= watch out for bluelupis zooming southbound on the highway at a high speed!    

On another note, they were just selected for Budweiser's 2004 True Music Compilation CD that will be given out for free at certain shows. Bud will begin promoting some of Foxy's shows in October!

Thanks all,
JR
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 09:16:43 AM »

Which club is this at???

$10 is a bit pricey, but a free drink might make it worthwhile...who else is playing?
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 07:20:56 PM »

It's at the Montgomery Tavern in Montgomery. Foxy plays against: Elliot Ruther Trio, The Brent Reed Band

Details are in the link up above. Plus, you can save $5 at the door by pre-ordering.
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 09:07:29 PM »

Well, Foxy McCoy has advanced to yet another round! Come out to see us this Saturday at One Eyed Jack's in Mt. Lookout.

The details are pretty much the same as the last show. No idea what time we play yet (after 9, for sure) and the price is still $10 at the door. When you get to the show, you will be given a ballot. If you vote for us, it helps us to advance in the tourney. If not, you get the picture. I'm not completely sure I can make it, but if I do, and you see me there, the free drink offer is still on the table!

We'll play about a 45 minute set, so if anyone can help us out, it is greatly apprecitated.

Thanx
JR

Atzend

• Fuzzywhizzletweets
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 09:42:19 PM »

Depending on what I have going on that night I may make it.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 12:30:27 PM »

Odd, but Foxy has been asked to play from 11pm-2am for this show tomorrow night.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 12:32:49 PM »

That's one long ass set JR...weird, but maybe it's a good thing--some of the bands might have dropped out b/c they knew they couldn't win?.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 06:50:43 PM »

Quote from: "cuddlyevil"
That's one long ass set JR...weird, but maybe it's a good thing--some of the bands might have dropped out b/c they knew they couldn't win?.

Yeah, it's long, but One Eyed wanted music from 9pm to 2am. I think the other 2 bands are playing 1 hour sets. It's no big deal for Foxy, two long big sets with a break in between.

Next week they're doing a 4 hour gig (with 2 breaks) from 11am-3pm on Fountain Square.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 08:31:02 PM »

Foxy rolls on in the competition this Friday at Moose on Main with Fizzgig and others.
Same deal, $10, 9pm or so, come vote for us!!!
http://cincymusic.com/venues/view.php?id=7973

Also, Foxy will be on Fountain Square from 11am-3pm this Sunday for the Downtown Tour of Living. FREE SHOW!!!

www.foxymccoy.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up