Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Butter attempts to conquer the poker world via freerolls  (Read 51440 times)

Marlowe

• foppish twit
  • City Elder
Butter attempts to conquer the poker world via freerolls
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2005, 02:32:52 AM »

Quote from: "Butter"
Then I get 5-5 10 minutes later in the SB with about 2500 chips.  A middle position player raises the 25/50 blind to 100.  3 others call.  Flop is 8-4-2.  Couldn't get much better for me, so I push to get the 500 chip pot and go all-in, trying to be aggressive.  Next player calls, and the original raiser and the button fold.  Turns out the caller here was slow-playing pocket Q's, a dangerous play, but it paid off here.  I am knocked down to 1100.  
[/b]

yeah those low pocket pairs can either make you rich or can send you to the po'house. anyone who slow-plays queens with 4 people in the pot is an idiot.

and, although you lost for the day, you're still my hero for being able to play  poker at work. and hero status is worth much, much more than a measly $2.31, no?

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2005, 09:42:34 AM »

I'll trade $2.31 for hero status.  But I've got to quit risking my tournaments on coin flips when I've got those middle pairs.  They're just killing my chances... and I've been on a bad run lately.  I was around $105 about 4 weeks ago, but just haven't been able to place in the last 8 tourneys or so.

June 28 - evening action

I decide to have 2 windows open here... the Mrs. playing 2/4 cent limit, and me playing 5/10 cent limit.  After 5 minutes, we're up 16 cents as a group, but then the site shuts us out (just as Andrea is on pocket Queens, too), and we can't get back on.

Balance: $79.28 (+$.19 for session)

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2005, 12:03:07 PM »

June 29 - morning action

I try to get a little tricky, signing up for a $2.20 sit and go, and playing a 5/10 cent limit table all at once around 11 AM.

About 10 minutes into the tourney, there are 7 left and I'm at about 1350, not having played a hand I get dealt J-10c on the button.  I would call, but the 2 low stacks behind me go all-in.  I really like J-10c, and want to call, but I figure it would be best to let them duke it out.  Sure enough, I would've made a full house, beating an Ace-high diamond flush, and knocking 2 players out.  But that's ok, because I flop trip Jacks a short time later, and pull up to 3rd place out of 5.  Then I make 2nd out of 5, holding just under 2,000 chips, as one player is catching all the cards.  We get down to 4 and I'm in 3rd.  I try to wait out 4th place, but he starts making hands and I'm forced into action as we both are about even on around 1800 chips.  Luckily, he loses with pocket 10's, called with pocket 5's by 2nd place, who flops a set and we're down to 3... and I'm in the money!  

As we're down to 3, 1st place has around 8,000, 2nd about 5,000, and I have around 2,000 chips left.  I go on a rush of cards... and usually I go all-in with every big hand, every Ace, or every pocket pair at this level, with 3 left.  In succession, I get dealt A-10, 7's, KQs, QJs, and 8's.  I go all-in every single time, and finally on the 8's, I get called by 6's and double up... this is in addition to the 100/200 blinds I've been picking up with my all-in bets.  I draw up to 2nd place, then 1st place... then, the advantage of that tactic with late play shows as the small blind and dealer start folding to me as the BB, even when I have nothing.  Then, finally I get a hand I can switch up on.  I draw AJo on the button.  I merely call the 200 BB.  SB goes all-in, with over 4500 chips.  I have 5500, and call him.  He flips up KTh, and I am in the lead... and when the flop goes Q-A-4, I take a big lead, and dodge the straight making Jack to take a big lead going into heads-up.  

The heads up play is even early on, and I keep my lead for a few minutes.  Then, I call an all-in bet with 3's to Jacks.  I don't make my hand, and we're pretty much even.  I re-take the lead again, overbetting some crap hands, and forcing folds... and also just getting gifted some small blinds thanks to my aggression.  Sadly, another big hand comes up - 10's for me, and I'm called with QJd.  A Queen flops, and I fall way behind.  11,000 to 4,000 down, I continue to press, betting out on any pair... but wary of check raises.  I hold 9-3h in the BB when the flop comes 6-7-3, with 2 hearts.  I figure there are several ways for me to improve here, and go all-in.  I am called with 10-7, and none of the final 2 cards help my hand.  I finish 2nd, netting $3.80 ($6 less the $2.20 entry fee).

In the meantime, I lose 87 cents at the 5/10 cent limit table, and the table eventually breaks up.  I leave with 3 players left... I didn't win a single hand, playing a few, but getting sucked out on once, and trailing another hand the whole way, just calling to the river with middle pair.  I lose another 16 cents at a 2/4 cent limit table during the end of my tourney match, mostly due to inattention...

I spent the last 15 minutes of my hour-long session just focusing on the sit and go.

Ending balance: $82.05 (+$2.77 for session)

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2005, 04:18:36 PM »

Afternoon tourney

I sit at another sit and go around 3:45.  $2.20 buy in again.  No sooner is the dealer button determined than my boss calls me into his office.  So I'm in there about 2 minutes, come back, and I'm in the SB with KQo.  I quickly check and apologize to everyone for my absence.

The flop is 8-9-10, all clubs.  I have the King of clubs.  I call an 80 chip bet, and we're down to 3 players.  Next card is a 4 of clubs.  I bet 150, and get a caller.  Final card is a blank... I check, other player bets 350.  I figure they have the Ace of clubs, but can't fold in case they're on the Queen.  Yup, it's the Ace, and I'm down to 850 with the snap of a finger.

I get blinded down to 530, and go all-in against 5 callers of the 100 BB with pocket 5's... pretty much suicide, I figure.  But 4 of the 5 fold, and the one caller has 9-10c... and I survive, nearly tripling to over 1400.

A bit later, I get pocket Aces on the button... and have 3 players in front of me in for a big raise of 350.  I go all-in... 2 of the 3 fold, and the other player has me covered, he has pocket Queens.

Naturally, he rivers a Queen to make a set and knock me out in 7th place.

BULLSHIT!

I leave the site, as the boss pokes his head in again with still more work.

Ending balance: $79.85 (-$2.20)

rva

« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2005, 04:37:10 PM »

Tournament-style poker (especially fantasy tournament poker) is for jerks and lesbians.

Marlowe

• foppish twit
  • City Elder
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2005, 07:46:25 PM »

Quote from: "rva"
Tournament-style poker (especially fantasy tournament poker) is for jerks and lesbians.

...as evidenced by the fact that i'm a jerk and butter is a lesbian.

tournament poker r00lz, but i agree with you about fantasy tourney poker cos if you can't win money i don't really see the point.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2005, 09:32:24 AM »

Last night I placed 2nd in a $2.00 sit and go tourney. So I won $6.00 but I spent $2.20 to enter so it's a net win of $3.80.

I almost fed up with the .02/.04 limit tables. I think I'm going to try and concentrate on tourneys from now on. That's right, RVA, tourneys!!!!  \:D/
Well.......

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2005, 10:15:10 AM »

And she used my username, so that boosts the Poker Champs money to... something.  I'll figure it out later.

Action Jim

• Part of the problem
  • City Elder
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2005, 10:31:10 AM »

Quote from: "clemsonfan"
That's right, RVA, tourneys!!!!  \:D/

You lesbian!!!
size=10]"If God had wanted man to play soccer, He wouldn't have given us arms."

"The future's so bright, I -- I can't bear to look."  - This Modern World[/size]

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2005, 10:37:11 AM »

I'm a jerk too! ;)
Well.......

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2005, 03:10:15 PM »

So, I just placed 3rd in a $2 sit & go tourney. I won $4 minus the $2.20 entry fee, so I'm up $1.80.

Ok, so that makes my grand total balance at Poker Champs $4.75

Yes, I know, I'm small time but I didn't deposit any money so I've had to win this money little by little starting at the freeroll tournaments working my way to the .02/.04 limit cash tables, and now placing 3rd at a cheap sit & go tourney.
Well.......

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2005, 04:40:32 PM »

I'm attempting another sit & go. Hopefully I'll do well.
Well.......

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2005, 04:46:42 PM »

I have just received a list of rules to poker in it's many forms, and it's bloody confusing. I will one day play the game, but never as well as you both seem to! I've got the poker face, but none of the skills.
Am Meer

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2005, 04:50:28 PM »

We will have to have a poker night when you visit!
Well.......

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2005, 04:52:45 PM »

I see. You just want to fleece me of my hard earned cash!
Am Meer
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29   Go Up