Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Butter attempts to conquer the poker world via freerolls  (Read 48868 times)

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
Butter attempts to conquer the poker world via freerolls
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2004, 08:05:07 AM »

I won $2.75 last night in a freeroll. Woo Hoo! Now I can send the kids to college!
Well.......

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2004, 08:28:26 AM »

And since I'm worn out of playing poker for a while, now it's time for the Mrs. to win us some money.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2005, 11:51:49 AM »

Well, back at it today after a couple of weeks off from using my own money.  My Poker Champs bankroll stands at just under $79, so I used $2 of those to enter a 51 person tourney today, where the top 9 places pay out.  

It didn't start out well, I got beaten pretty soundly on 2 early hands to lose half my stack.  But I made a comeback and lucked into a couple of hands.  Then I started being dealt gold, AA once and pocket K's twice, along with AK and AQ a few times.  I just now beat a guy with pocket K's when there was a 10 high showing... I had beaten him earlier today with the same K's, so he went all-in and I beat his Q-10 again.  I now stand #1 in the tourney by far with about $13k (2nd has a stack of $6300).

So now, let's play with me hand by hand as I start as the dealer after the hour break with 26 players left.

-A-Qo, smooth call.  bet 500 after play is checked to me with a flop that totally missed me, bb calls with 1/3 of his stack, probably on the flush draw with 2 hearts showing.  Next card is a heart, he goes all-in, i fold.  Stand at $11,557.  We're at $25 antes now, so I'm losing every time I fold.

-9-10o, i fold to an all-in bet.
-2-5o, fold

-J-9 spades, call 200.  2 callers, dealer and bb.  Flop is 9-6-4 rainbow.  I bet 875 (pot size) after action is checked to me.  Dealer folds, BB considers but folds, I'm back to 12,157.

-4-9 hearts, fold.
-K-3o, fold.

-With 21 people left, I've been moved.  I was due to be BB next, now I am 2 behind dealer.  First hand is 2 hands in front of BB... I get 10-7 spades, fold.  Flop is 10 high with 2 spades, and I'm pissed.
-I am moved again as we're down to final 2 tables of 10.  Now I'm about 5 players in front of BB.

-Blinds are now 200/400... K-6o, fold.
-A-5o, fold.  I just now notice I am at the same table with 2nd place, he's up to nearly $10k.  He is 4 players to my left, so we shouldn't be butting heads too often.

-A-Ko , raise to 1,000.  everyone folds, i'm at 12,832.

-In BB, A-4 diamonds.  We have an allin of 826, so I'm obliged to call 426 more with my Ace high.  2nd place also calls, so we have 2 still active.  Flop is 6-7-8 rainbow, and 2nd place bets 900.  I fold, he turns over K-9 and makes his straight.  I'm down to 11,900 or so, but we're out another player which is always good.

-SB, 8-10o, call 200 more.  Flop is 7-K-9 rainbow.  Good flop for me, but we have an all in of 1,675.  I call.  Next card is a Jack that makes my straight, but BB also called.  I put him all in with another 880, and beat them both with my straight.  Up a big 5k to over $17 thousand now.  More importantly, I knocked out 2 more players, so we're down to just 15 left.

-Dealer, 3-4o, fold.
-Dealer again, pocket 9's, call an 874 all in.  1 other stays in.  Flop is Q-6-7.  I put him all-in, knock out 2 more as I win with a river 9, and go up to $21k.

-Pocket 5's, I raise to $1k, and am re-raised all in about 2500 more by BB.  I call, and lose to pocket 7's.  Down to just over $18k now.

-Pocket 5's again, I call another raise, but flop nothing.  Down to around $16k now.

-J-10o, call, flop nothing, fold.  Down to $15,800.

-Blinds are 300/600 now.  A-5o in BB.  One player goes all in, but it's not enough to raise me.  He beats me with pocket 8's.  

-A-Ko in SB. BB has 805 more, i raise him for it, he folds.  i'm up to $16,445.
-K-2 spades on button.  I consider it since we're 6 handed, but fold.  Another player is knocked out.

I'm still in first as we move to the final table of 10.  Top 9 pay, remember.

-Q-6o, fold.
-K-2o, fold.  I'm passed for 1st by the 2nd place guy, who has had pocket pairs several times to call small all in bets now.
-6-8 diamonds just ahead of BB, fold.
-Q-Jo in BB.  I win as I bet when J-2-2 is flopped.  Up to near $18k.

-3-4 spades in SB.  I call, 3 other players.  Board is 9-7-4-5, 2 spades.  I bet 1200, another goes all in for 1385.  I call the 185 more and she had made a straight on her 6-8.  River is another 5, but not a spade.  Down to just under $16k.

-A-10 diamonds on button.  We have an all in for 2390.  I consider calling, but then another all in of 4600 hits, and I fold.  We have another player out, so I make the money.
- I get a couple more garbage hands and fold, couldn't remember what they are as I got 5 phone calls in 3 minutes.
-Blinds are 400/800 now.  A-4o, fold.  Flop is K-4-4.  #$!#@$^*@#$!!!!
-3-6o, fold.
-6-8o, fold.
-3-6o again, fold.
-I get 5's in BB, and we have an all in of $4100.  I call and he shows Jacks.  I'm down to $10k.
-A-4o in SB, I call 400.  Flop misses me, I fold, under $10k now and 3rd place.
-Blinds are 600/1200 now, 4-10 spades on button, fold.
-8-10o, fold.  We're down to 7 now.  Board brings 2 8's and that sux.
-8-7o, fold.  We're down to 6.
-9-10o, fold.  

-10-4o in BB.  SB only plays for another 600.  Flop is 10-8-7, 2 hearts.  SB bets 2850.  I go all in with top pair, hoping he just has a single 9 or a heart draw.  SB calls and has me covered plus $50... and has J-9 for a nice flopped straight.  

I finish 6th, and win $5.96, netting nearly $4.  Should've done better, but I just don't like being muscled off top pair when we're down to that few people.

My Poker Champs money is up to $82.78 now.

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2005, 05:01:36 PM »

...a nice flopped straight. Wow.

I still don't understand the rules or jargon, yet find the updates fascinating. Well done on your win, Bu'uh. $82.78 - isn't that worth about Five pounds at the moment?
Am Meer

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2005, 08:15:18 AM »

I believe the updated rate is 4.93 pounds.

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2005, 06:28:13 PM »

4.27 the last I checked. Time to gamble it all, mate? If you win with that stake, you may even be able to afford a cup of tea for you AND your lovely wife - plus a small cake to share.
Am Meer

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2005, 12:15:12 PM »

For the past few days, I have been winning a little bit. 45 cents here, .07 there.
Well.......

Marlowe

• foppish twit
  • City Elder
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2005, 11:42:28 AM »

yo butter, since we were trading pm's on online gambling, i thought i'd post a link to this article in Slate about online poker scams. i tend to agree with the conclusions of the article... the better-known sites really don't have an incentive to try to fix anything, and although i'm sure there are people who try to collude, they'd have to be awfully clever to figure out a way to do so profitably.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2005, 12:24:47 PM »

I just got A A A A when I was playing at a money table at Poker Champs. I played it cool and actually won a little money. Woo Hoo!
Well.......

Action Jim

• Part of the problem
  • City Elder
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2005, 12:35:13 PM »

You mean as a starting hand in Omaha, or you mean you had quad Aces?
size=10]"If God had wanted man to play soccer, He wouldn't have given us arms."

"The future's so bright, I -- I can't bear to look."  - This Modern World[/size]

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2005, 12:37:51 PM »

Quote from: "l.diddy"
You mean as a starting hand in Omaha, or you mean you had quad Aces?

I had AQ. The flop came out AAA!
Well.......

Action Jim

• Part of the problem
  • City Elder
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2005, 12:43:34 PM »

Awesome.  Probably tough to get any serious action, though, eh?   I know I'd fold darn if you made any significant bet (especially if your preflop behavior gave any indication that you might be holding an Ace).

"The future's so bright, I -- I can't bear to look."  - This Modern World[/size]

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2005, 12:45:39 PM »

Mrs. Butter's preflop behavior is to call or fold.  She might raise with Aces, but at the micro-limit tables she plays at, even then not so much.  Still 70 cents is a good win at a 2/4 cent limit table.

Action Jim

• Part of the problem
  • City Elder
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2005, 12:48:11 PM »

Quote from: "Butter"
Mrs. Butter's preflop behavior is to call or fold.  She might raise with Aces, but at the micro-limit tables she plays at, even then not so much.  Still 70 cents is a good win at a 2/4 cent limit table.

Yep. Winning almost 20X the big blind will definitely keep her in action for a while...especially if she puts a force field around it.

Action Jim

• Part of the problem
  • City Elder
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2005, 12:50:13 PM »

Hmm...I meant to write 20 times the big blind, but I put 20 X (only without the space).  Apparently a 0 followed by an X results in the "Alien throwing up gang signs" emoticon.  I'm glad I learned something today.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29   Go Up