Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 231   Go Down

Author Topic: FABO...for randomville...  (Read 190366 times)

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
FABO...for randomville...
« on: May 14, 2004, 09:28:33 AM »

We're going to be on turn to 2!! On the day of our huge party celebrating our 40th anniversary... :oops:  :cry:  :?
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

rva

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 11:27:22 AM »

I'm not sure whether this is a FABO or anti-FABO but it's certainly another bit of weirdness to go along with everything else that's gone down.

I was driving yesterday cranking Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine (from Rafe's mix).  This Mercedes pulls up next to me, guy in the car is nicely attired in expense suit, etc.  He looks at me and does like this crazy "Is that. . .?" double-take.  So I give them ol' "Indeed it is" nod.  And so the guy starts motioning like crazy to pull over.  I do it, and he's like "Rewind, rewind!"  So I rewound the song and me and him sing it all the way through.  

Very odd.  Anyway, we chatted a bit and I gave him my card.  This morning I get to work and someone tells me there's a package downstairs.  So I go to pick it up and its a box with like 60 cd's in it from that guy.  And there's a little note saying he used to have 500 cd's but and he hadn't really listened to alternative music in ten years and this was the last of his stuff as his wife hated his taste and had been making him throw out his collection bit by bit.

I'm happy about the cds.  But like, WHY on earth would you stop listening to music?  And why would you marry someone who was so intolerent they would make you throw out your cd's?  And why would you obey them?  Crazy.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 11:41:11 AM »

HOLY SHIT that's cool as hell...for you anyway.

I couldn't marry somebody who hated BTE.

And we all know your thoughts on girls who like Candlebox...
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 11:49:11 AM »

Damn, RVA! The Score-Fairy blessed you bigtime! So.....any dupes you might want to slide to your sister?
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

bmxer43

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 11:52:14 AM »

I'm not throwing my cd's out.  That's for sure.  I'd just put my foot down.  Make her wear earplugs.  That's what I'm saying.
earching for something forever gone.....something we will always want---robert smith

rva

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 11:52:49 AM »

ugh.  Don't remind about the Candlebox incident.  I guess I came across like kind of an ass on that post, but the point is that I realized those were stupid things to do.

Anyways, these cd's aren't just sort of "great alt-hits of the late 80's-early 90's" either.  Like this dude at one point was really into it.  There's like Miracle Legion and Swimming Pool Q's in there.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 11:56:51 AM »

Damn....I have the SPQ's on LP but not CD. You really HAVE been blessed by the Score-Fairy. Well done!

rva

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 12:06:48 PM »

Yeah, I didn't even know they issued SPQ on cd?!?  This guy must have gotten on the cd bandwagon way early.  I'm looking through the collection.  

Most of the stuff that I already have you have, too.  Some stuff I only have on tape so I'm keeping those.  There's some crap Pylon and The Connell's Boylan Heights if you want 'em.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 12:28:57 PM »

Thanks for the offer but the only tune you need from Boylan Hts is "Over There" and I already have it as a single. Besides, that album sounds so freaking muddy.

I've got Pylon on lp and never played them very much so I'll pass. But your sis appreciates you looking after her. ;)

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 12:46:16 PM »

No =w=, I LOVE the Candlebox story.

oh, and FABO
I think my t-shirt or my hair smells gross.  if it's the t-shirt, I don't know what's up because its clean.  If it's my hair, it's from the bar.  Either way, I feel GROSS
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 12:51:57 PM »

That is the greatest story, RVA!!  But I don't get it...I would have thought if he was so excited about it, he'd have wanted & copy.  Maybe even get back into the music he obviously dug.  Sad, really.

But nice score, dude!   :wink:

rva

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 01:47:46 PM »

MK, we even dislike the same cd's!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2004, 02:06:09 PM »

Quote from: "rva"
MK, we even dislike the same cd's!

We are family.... ;)

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004, 07:11:56 PM »

let's get back to spittin' venom.

fuckabuncha:

this WHOLE goddamn week.  this week can eat a dick.
In case of emergency, breakdance.

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 09:35:56 PM »

Quote from: "rva"
I was driving yesterday cranking Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine (from Rafe's mix).  This Mercedes pulls up next to me, guy in the car is nicely attired in expense suit, etc.  He looks at me and does like this crazy "Is that. . .?" double-take.  So I give them ol' "Indeed it is" nod.  And so the guy starts motioning like crazy to pull over.  I do it, and he's like "Rewind, rewind!"  So I rewound the song and me and him sing it all the way through.  
I'd have loved to have seen that!

What do you think about the CD, man?
Am Meer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 231   Go Up